Journalists are public servants to the people; here to tell the truth. This code expresses my values and mission for my life inside and outside of journalism. I pledge to hold myself to these standards.
Code of Ethics:
- As a journalist, it is important to understand what to do and when to do it. For this reason, I pledge to stick to my beliefs and act based on my personal moral values in situations that deem immediate action necessary.
- I will always view life as a gift and have gratitude for all good things that come my way.
- I pledge to have an open mind. Especially in journalism, I believe having an open mindset is one of the most efficient ways to get the best stories and have the best experience. I will never have a bias for/against someone and will always go into situations with an open mind.
- I will never manipulate others and will never give into unlawful or disrespectful temptations.
- Honesty is a moral I strongly believe in, so I pledge to always be honest toward others and express when I am uncomfortable doing something I may be asked to do.
- I will always be fair and treat others as if we all have the same level of power.
- I will maintain promises and always empathize with others. I will always strive to be the bigger person, understanding that I could easily be a role model to others.
- I will always strive for excellence and never any less.
- I will never intentionally harm another person. Bringing people down is immoral to my values and does not help anyone.
- I will always treat others with respect and dignity, understanding to treat others the way I would like to be treated.
- Above all, I will always consider the common good and therefore always tell nothing but the truth.